The objective of deal registration is built on 5 key characteristics
- Secure communication with a distributor’s desired lead (with a reseller).
- Eliminate channel conflict for distributors, or exterminate the threat of stealing customers (either from manufacturer’s in-house sales team or manufacturer’s affiliate channel partners).
- Increase profitability for a manufacturer’s channel partner.
- Clarify (and identify) a manufacturer’s target demographic or sales funnel.
- Generate transparency and longevity within the manufacturer/channel partner relationship.
Begin by clarifying your high-level priorities and adopt a market-proven strategy you and your team are experienced using. Is everyone onboard and fully committed to a specific channel sales model?
If your team doesn’t understand the rules of the road, you can expect partners to be frustrated with your team’s incoherence, and risk losing them to a competing vendor.
Remember, partners have seen a lot of promotions. If your deal registration program results in channel conflict or price undercutting from your other partners, expect them to take their sales skills somewhere else.
The more your internal duties are prioritized and understood, the more opportunities deal registration will offer.